As the Detroit trade association of community development organizations, CDAD enhances the capacity and effectiveness of Detroit’s CDOs, other community‐based organizations and initiatives, and Detroit residents through advocacy, training, technical assistance, information sharing, education, expanding financial resources, and facilitating common action. Some of the benefits of joining CDAD include:
- Joint Membership with Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM): Most CDAD members qualify for discounts on training and professional development and marketing services, access to member only funding alerts, and more.
- Training and Professional Development: CDAD workshops and trainings increase member organizations’ knowledge of relevant and timely industry topics and best‐practices.
- Technical Assistance: CDAD provides direct technical assistance to members to help them respond to demanding and shifting neighborhood needs.
- Advocacy and Public Policy: Opportunity to influence public policy by advancing a collective voice that represents the interests of communities and the organizations that support and represent them.
You can download our Membership Benefits Guide for additional details.
One benefit of membership is inclusion in our online directory. Browse our members here.
If you or your organization would like to join CDAD, you’ll find these resources helpful:
- Our Becoming a CDAD Member page describes the (very simple) process of joining.
- The Membership Categories page lays out various types of membership and the corresponding fee structures.
- Finally, if you would like to complete your application online, you can do so with our online application.