You may recall seeing an email invitation to the Industry Reform Demonstration Project application briefing last week. This project, also known as the Strategic Alliance Demonstration Project, is designed to strengthen communities by cultivating strategic alliances in Detroit’s Community Development Industry. At the meeting, representatives from Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) and CDAD provided a general overview of the project. The following is a summary of that overview along with the Strategic Alliance Building Demonstration Project RFP, a resource packet, and an application.
- Up to two groups focused on community development (groups made up of 2 to 8 organizations already working together) will be selected to participate in the demonstration project
- Organizations selected for this pilot will be those that are already working together and demonstrating long-term stability
- Selected strategic alliance groups will be awarded up to $25,000 to develop and formalize existing partnerships with selected organizations
- The pilot project will span six months
- Application deadline is Friday, June 15, 2012